Tofu Pad Thai
For the noodles
- 150 g firm tofu
- 140 g dry rice noodles
- 200 g beansprouts
- 1 red onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (each)
For the sauce
- 20 g peanut butter
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and coriander and set aside separately.
- Boil the rice noodles for 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold tap water in a sieve to prevent overcooking.
- Warm a large pan on a medium heat with a small amount of oil. Add the chopped onion and fry for 2 minutes. Add the beansprouts and continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- Drain and dice the tofu, then add to the pan and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the egg with a dash of water. Add to the pan and break apart slightly as it cooks for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the sauce and noodles to the pan, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and the chopped coriander. Optionally, top with some chopped peanuts for extra crunch.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.