Raspberry Crème Brûlée
- 400 ml double cream
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 egg yolks
- 50 g white sugar (plus extra for the topping)
- 200 g raspberries
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until they turn pale in colour. This may take a few minutes.
- Add the cream, milk and vanilla extract to a pan pan a medium heat and heat until it starts to bubble, stirring constantly. Take it off the heat and slowly pour into the egg and sugar mixture, whisking constantly until it has completely combined. Doing this slowly ensures that the eggs don't cook at this stage.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and remove as much of the white foam that will form on top as possible.
- Distribute the rasperries evenly into 10 small ramekins and pour the mixture over the top until each ramekin is full.
- Place the ramekins in a deep-walled baking tray or dish. Fill and boil the kettle and pour boiling water into the dish until it reaches around half way up the side of the ramekins.
- Place the dish in an oven at 170°C (fan) for around 18 minutes. The brûlées should be wobbly in the centre. Remove them from the dish and allow to cool – these can now be stored in the fridge until ready to serve.
- To serve, sprinkle a couple of tsps of white sugar on top of the brûlées and melt with a chef's blow torch. The sugar should quickly go hard as it cools. Serve immediately. Alternatively if you do not have a blow torch, use a grill on high heat.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.