Perfect Roast Potatoes
- 1 kg maris piper potatoes
- 100 g rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp salt
- First, peel your potatoes and chop into perfect roast potato-sized chunks (around an inch cubed).
- Place the potatoes and a pinch of salt into a pan of cold water and put onto a stove on high heat. Bring the water to a boil and boil aggressively for 4 minutes. While you wait for the water to boil, add the oil to a raised-edge baking tray and place in the oven at 200°C (fan).
- Drain the potatoes, place back in the dry pot and shake them with the lid on until they become a little fluffy.
- Take the baking tray out of the oven and add the potatoes, rolling them around in the oil. Be careful not to get any oil on yourself.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for an hour, checking and moving them around every 20 minutes.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.