Pear, Cinnamon & Hazelnut Crumble
For the fruit
- 30 g granulated sugar
- 2 tins of pears (200g tinned pear drained weight)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the crumble
- 50 g brown sugar
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 100 g plain flour
- 30 g hazelnuts
- Drain the pears and chop them into bite sized chunks.
- Mix the cinnamon and granulated sugar with the pear chunks, completely coating them in the dry mixture. Tightly pack into the bottom of an oven-safe dish at least 2 inches deep.
- Chop the cold butter into chunks and rub into the flour with your hands until crumbly. Chop the hazelnuts into small pieces. Add the brown sugar and hazelnuts and mix evenly.
- Spread the crumble evenly over the fruit and bake in a preheated fan oven at 180°C for around 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with whipped cream, pouring cream, ice cream or custard.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.