Parmesan Peppercorn Sauce
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 20 g unsalted butter
- 500 ml beef stock
- 25 g grated parmesan
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g double cream
- 20 g black peppercorns
- Prepare by finely dicing the shallot, crushing the garlic, finely chopping the rosemary and crushing the black peppercorns using a freezer bag and a rolling pin. Note: be careful not to grind the peppercorns too finely otherwise you'll lose both flavour and texture.
- Fry the garlic, shallot and rosemary in the butter for 3-4 minutes until they start to soften.
- Then, add the beef stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the peppercorns and simmer for around 15 minutes. You'll want the liquid to reduce by about half.
- Take the sauce off the heat and stir in the cream and parmesan until it is completely melted and combined.
- Serve hot over a freshly grilled steak. This sauce is also wonderful on portabello mushrooms for vegetarians.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.