Miso Roasted Aubergine
- 1 large aubergine
- 50 g white miso paste
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix the miso, honey and sesame oil in a bowl. Add a small amount of boiling water, just enough to dissolve all of the ingredients and mix into a smooth liquid. Set aside.
- Slice the aubergine in half. Then, take a knife and slice the flesh diagonally making a cross pattern without piercing through the skin.
- Pour the liquid into a flat bottomed bowl or similar. Lay the aubergine halves flesh down into the bowl. Clingfilm and place back in the fridge ideally overnight for the aubergine to soak up as much of the liquid as possible.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Take the aubergine out of the fridge and place flesh up on a baking tray on top of a large piece of tin foil. Wrap the aubergine like a parcel and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven, open up the parcel and pour on the spare liquid. Put back in the oven with the flesh exposed for another 35 minutes or until it smells so good you can’t resist eating it.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.