Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 chicken drumsticks (skin on)
- 500 g raw carrots
- 500 g raw parsnips
- 1 red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons
- 4-5 sprigs rosemary
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Peel and chop the root vegetables into medium-sized chunks. Add to a baking tray with half the oil, salt and pepper and place in an oven at 190°C (fan) for 50 minutes.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. With the rest of the oil, sear the chicken on all sides in a pan on high heat.
- Once the chicken is seared, remove from the pan. In the same pan, add the garlic and onions. Reduce the heat to low and cook for around 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with the stock, rosemary and the juice from the lemon. Cook on a medium heat for another 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Blend the reduced liquid (with a small amount of cornflour if needed for thickening) and serve as a gravy on the chicken and root vegetables.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.