King Oyster Mushroom & Parmesan Risotto
- 200 g arborio rice
- 100 g parmesan
- 2 red onions
- 400 g king oyster mushrooms
- 60 ml white wine
- 2 gluten-free vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 10 chives (to garnish)
- Place the stock cubes in a pot with 800ml water. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer continuously.
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium-low heat and fry the onion and garlic for around 3 minutes.
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise and set aside two slices for garnishing. Dice the remainder of the slices, add them to the pan, and cook for around 5 minutes or until all water is released from the mushrooms.
- Add the uncooked rice to the pan, turn the heat up to medium and cook for around 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the pan and cook until the alcohol has evaporated (with no detectable scent).
- The pan should now be relatively dry. Add a ladle of the stock and cook until the stock is almost all evaporated. Repeat this process for 18-20 minutes until the rice has the desired thick consistency.
- Remove the risotto from heat, add the parmesan and stir in until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, fry the two slices of oyster mushroom from step 3 in a small amount of olive oil until golden brown. Serve on the risotto with a sprinkle of chopped chives.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.