Ham and Leek Pie
- 300 g cooked ham (we used 50% ham chunks and 50% ham hock)
- 3 large leeks
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- Handful parsley
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g creme fraiche
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 250 g premade puff pastry
- 1 egg
- Chop your ham into small chunks if not already done. Finely slice the leeks and finely chop the garlic, shallot and parsley. Set all aside individually.
- Add the butter and olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Once the butter has melted and is starting to froth, add the garlic and shallot for 1-2 minutes until it starts to brown. Then, add in the leeks and cook until soft (around 5 minutes).
- Add the ham, black pepper and the stock. Bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Add in the creme fraiche and parsley, turn off the heat and stir to combine.
- Add the mixture into a pie tin or small oven-safe dish. Place a layer of the pre-rolled puff pastry over the top and attach to the sides by pressing down with the back of a fork. Trim the edges off of the pastry.
- Whisk the egg until it becomes a pale yellow and lightly brush over the top of the pastry before placing the pie in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 180°C. Remove from the oven and serve.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.