- 300 g plain flour
- 200 ml warm water
- 50 g olive oil
- 15 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients for the tortillas together in a large mixing bowl. Once mixed, make a well in the centre.
- Melt the butter in the microwave before adding into the well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add the olive oil and water along with it and mix everything into a dough. The tortilla dough shouldn't be dry or sticky so add small amounts water or flour as necessary.
- Knead the tortilla dough on a lightly floured surface for around 3-4 minutes.
- Portion the tortilla dough into 16 equal-sized balls and leave under a clean tea towel to rest for 2 hours.
- Preheat a flat-bottomed frying pan on a medium heat. Meanwhile, roll out your dough balls very thinly. They should be translucent but not have holes. Cook dry in the pan for around 30 seconds to a minute on either side.
- When cooking each tortilla individually, stack the cooked tortillas on a plate under a clean tea towel. They will continue to steam each other and stay warm and soft ready for the perfect soft flour taco.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.