Duck Mac & Cheese
- 2 duck legs
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 500 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 250 g grated mature cheddar
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 50 g white breadcrumbs
- 400 g dry macaroni pasta
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- Score the skin of the duck legs and rub in a small amount of salt. Place on a baking tray in the cent of a preheated oven (190°C fan) for 90 minutes.
- Around 15-20 minutes before the duck is ready, boil the pasta for 2-3 minutes less than the instructions on the packet dictate. Drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter on a low-medium heat in a large pot. Add the flour, stir and cook for around 3 minutes. Add in the milk, turn the heat up and whisk the mixture for 5 minutes. There should be no lumps at this stage and the sauce should have thickened somewhat.
- Take the pot off the heat, add all of the cheese, stir gently and set aside while you shred the duck.
- Shred the duck using two forks and discard the bones. Add the duck and the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven-safe pot, add the breadcrumbs on top and place back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top is a golden brown. Serve!
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.