Duck and Peach Salad
- 1 duck breast
- 1 ripe peach
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 75 g raw kale
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Fill a medium sized pan with water and bring it the boil.
- While you’re waiting, prepare the peach and duck breast. For the duck, firstly make sure you take it out of the fridge at least 10 minutes before to make sure you cook it at room temperature. Next, dry off the breast with kitchen paper and then score the fat diagonally, making sure you don’t penetrate all the way down to the skin. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. For the peach, remove the stone and slice the flesh into 6-8 pieces segments.
- Add the duck skin-side down into a cold pan and place on a medium heat. You want to cook it in the pan until the skin is completely golden brown (5-7 minutes). You don’t need oil in the pan due to the large amount of fat that will render from the breast. Then, turn it onto the flesh side (or skin-side up) and place in a hot oven (200°C) for around 10-15 minutes depending on how well you like it cooked and how big the breast is.
- While the duck is in the oven, you’re going to roast the peach and prepare the kale. Add the peach slices to a clean pan with some 1-kcal spray or similar and cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes on either side.
- Add the kale to the boiling water and blanch for a few minutes, depending on how cooked you’d like it. Remove from the water, drain and run under some cold water for a few seconds. Next, add the oil and vinegar to the kale, mix and add to a bowl.
- Remove the duck from the oven and allow to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing. Meanwhile, add the peaches to the kale and garnish with sesame seeds. Add the duck and enjoy!
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.