Chicken Chow Mein
- 400 g raw chicken breast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15 g raw ginger
- 30 g oyster sauce
- 30 g soy sauce
- 5 g honey
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 100 g beansprouts
- 1/3 a small white cabbage
- 300 g rice noodles (cooked weight)
- Start by finely chopping the ginger and garlic. In a container, mix this with the chicken, oyster sauce, soy sauce, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and black pepper and set in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight if possible) to marinate.
- Before preparing to cook, take the chicken out of the fridge so that it starts to come to room temperature.
- Julienne the carrot and pepper into small match sticks and slice the cabbage into rough 1cm square pieces and set aside.
- On a medium-high heat, cook the chicken in the marinade in a wok for around 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the carrot, pepper and cabbage and cook for a further 4 minutes before adding the beansprouts for 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cooked rice noodles and stir fry for around 3 minutes and serve in a bowl. If you have dry rice noodles, follow the instructions to make 300g of cooked weight noodles.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.