- 2 egg yolks
- 70 g parmesan
- 70 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 170 g dried spaghetti
- 130 g smoked bacon lardons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g frozen peas
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with a pinch of salt. Add the spaghetti, ensuring it is fully immersed. This will need around 10 minutes to cook.
- Fry the bacon lardons in a pan on a medium heat with the olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Chop the garlic and add to the bacon the lardons. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- While frying, mix the egg yolk, milk and parmesan in a bowl with a sprinkle of water.
- Add the peas to the pan with the bacon and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti, keeping a few spoonfuls' worth of pasta water. Add the spaghetti and pasta water to the pan with the other ingredients.
- Add the egg, milk and parmesan mixture to the pan. Immediately turn the heat to the lowest setting and stir continuously until it reaches a creamy consistency (around 90 seconds).
- Serve with freshly ground pepper.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.