Cacio E Pepe
- 200 g dried spaghetti
- 70 g unsalted butter
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt to taste
- Place the spaghetti in a pan of slightly salted boiling water, cover and leave for 10-12 minutes.
- With 5 minutes to go, add half of the butter to a pan on a medium heat. Once melted and bubbling (around 1 minute) add the ground black pepper and fry for 1 minute.
- Add a ladle of the pasta water, the other half of the butter and all of the parmesan cheese to the pan and stir. Continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain the spaghetti before adding it to the pan and stir until the pasta is completely coated in the sauce. Serve with a pinch of salt and some more ground black pepper.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.