Broccoli And Cheddar Soup
- 450 g raw broccoli
- 300 g raw white potato
- 1 large shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful of parsley
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 200 g cheddar cheese
- 1 L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 20 g unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the potato, shallot and garlic and chop the broccoli into small pieces before setting aside. The sizing doesn't matter so much here because the soup will be blended.
- Add the olive oil, butter, garlic and shallot to a large pot on a medium heat. Sweat for around 3 minutes or until the shallot starts to brown. Add in the potato cubes and cayenne pepper and continue to cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and boiling stock to the pot, bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allot the soup to cool for around 45 minutes before adding the parsley.
- Blend the soup in batches in a heatproof food processor (if still warm) until smooth, then add back to the pot.
- Grate the cheddar. Add 150g of the grated cheddar to the pot and gently heat until all of the cheese has melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a bowl with the remaining cheddar.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.