Bacon BBQ Beans
- 2 cans haricot beans
- 500 g passata (we used one with Italian herbs)
- 4 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2/3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp smoked tabasco
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked preferably)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the bacon into small strips and add to a pan on high heat. Theres no need to add any oil as the bacon is fatty enough already. Fry until golden brown.
- Add all of the other ingredients, bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer gently until the sauce has thickened (around 20 minutes).
- Serve immediately on some freshly toasted bread.
Nutrition (per serving)
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for the outcome of any recipe that you use from this site. Results may vary due to variations in ingredients, cooking times, errors, omissions or other factors. You should always take care to make sure you prepare and cook food in a safe way, using safe ingredients and make sure that food is cooked properly. You should also make sure to read ingredient packaging, making note of the preparation instructions provided and to be fully aware of any substances that may cause you or others to have an adverse reaction. The recipes on this site may not have been fully tested by us and we do not provide assurances or accept responsibility for their quality or safety.